Expand your idea of road riding and unlock new possibilities with this versatile all-rounder. With its balanced, smooth riding frame and components, powerful disc brakes and high-volume tubeless tires, Contend AR goes from fast pavement to bumpy backroads with confidence and control.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their road riding capabilities, Contend AR combines a smooth, responsive ride quality with an ability to handle adventurous new routes. Its disc-brake integration and generous tire clearance (up to 38mm) put you in control, even on rough roads. Its D-Fuse composite seatpost dampens road vibrations, giving you a smoother, more enjoyable ride experience and minimizing fatigue. This is a true all-rounder for those road riders who have a thirst for adventure.
Balanced road geometry
- Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
- Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tires up to 38mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Wheels: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Crankset: Shimano Sora, 34/50
|Frame||ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc|
Front: 100 x 12mm thru-axle
Rear: 142 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Hubs||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Spokes||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Tires||Giant S-R3 AC, 700x32c|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano CS-HG50, 11x34|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Sora|
|Seat Post||Giant D-Fuse, alloy|
|Accessories & Extras||Tubeless prepared|
* Subject to change without notice.